MPTC Training Sessions
All MPTC training sessions are coordinated by our Senior Coach, Brian Vernon (Triathlon Australia Performance Coach) and are free of cost.
To attend our MPTC training sessions you must be a member of Triathlon Australia.
Note: Winter track sessions do require a gold coin donation for the cost of lighting.
Swim sessions at Peninsula School are held by Team Barefoot. $12 per session payable to coach on deck.
Active Recovery Yoga is in winter hiatus. Please contact us to register your interest for upcoming sessions.
Remember that if you can’t make the Tuesday night Run session, Club Coach Ross Taylor runs a session with TXR Runners at 7:00pm on a Tuesday night at Ballam Park. TXR Runners open their sessions to MPTC Members at Ballam Park on Tuesday evenings at 7:00pm and Friday evenings at 6:00pm.
MPTC Social Training
MPTC social training activities are made by casual arrangement between club members, or in association with clubs affiliated with MPTC.
Check arrangements on the MPTC Facebook page HERE
MPTC Official Training Sessions Calendar
|2/2/19||SAT||7:00am||Top end of Skye Rd||Running [sand hills]||90+ min||Brian|
|3/2/19||SUN||7:00am||FYC||Ride [recovery]||2:30 hours||Brian|
|4/2/19||MON||5:30pm||Peninsula School||Swim technique||60 mins||Dave H|
|5/2/19||TUES||5:45pm||FYC||Hill reps||60 – 75 min||Brian|
|6/2/19||WED||5:30pm||FYC||Open Water Swim||60+ min||Dave H|
|6/2/19||WED||7:00pm||PARC||Swim Squad||60 min||Kyle|
|7/2/19||THUR||6:00pm||Williams street||Ride [hill reps]||60-70min||Brian|
|8/2/19||FRI||5:30am||PARC||Swim Squad||60 min||Kyle|
|9/2/19||SAT||7:00am||Langwarrin Fauna & Flora Reserve||Running [recovery]||60+ min||Brian|
MPTC holds swim squads at PARC on Wednesday nights at 7:00PM and Friday mornings at 5:30AM.
From July 1, 2015, all squad participants are required to either hold a PARC membership or pay the casual fee at each session. Corporate memberships are available to all MPTC members at PARC.
In addition to this, a $5 fee is payable to the squad coach on the night for their services.
During the Summer months, we hold Open Water Swim Sessions on a Wednesday evening from the Clubrooms (at FYC) from 5:30pm.
Team Barefoot sessions at The Peninsula School Senior Pool are open to MPTC members. Sessions require payment per session or via prepaid swim card and are held on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Monday evening technique sessions are held in conjunction with Team Barefoot. Full details: here
Now that daylight savings is here, we are back to riding at 7:00am on the weekends.
We have also added a combo session (windtrainers/runs /swims) from FYC once a month with Coach Jay. Great way to improve your transitions. Fantastic for all abilities from beginner to long course. See you there.
During winter our ride training is a mix of wind trainer sessions held at FYC on a Thursday evening and a Sunday long ride from 7:30am.
Run sessions will be varied with track, trail, flat and hill runs.
Our training locations are all held locally and are listed above. You can find these locations at:
- Frankston Yacht Club, Long Island Drive (via Davey Street), Frankston [Mel 102 B3]*
- Ballam Park Athletes track, Benanee Drive Frankston [Mel 103 B3]
- Oliver’s Hill Jetty, Nepean Hwy Frankston [Mel 101 K5]
- Chelsea Velodrome, Edithvale Rd Edithvale [Mel 93 C9]
- Langwarrin Fauna & Flora Reserve, McClelland Drive Langwarrin [Mel 103C10]
- Top end of Skye Rd, Frankston North [Mel 102 E2]
- Frankston Life Saving Club, Wells St Frankston [Mel 99 C2]
- Victoria Park, Williams St Frankston [Mel 99 C4]
- Frankston Gardens Drive Carrum Downs [Mel B2]
- Peninsula School Pool, Nepean Hwy entrance 7 [Mel 105 F5]
- Mornington Park Mornington [Mel 104 D10]
- National Water Sports Centre, Riverend Rd Bangholme [Mel 97 K1]
- Bunnings carpark Mornington [Mel 104 J11]
- Casey Fields Criterium Cycle track [Mel 134 G 9 ]
*Please note that parking at FYC is timed and requires payment unless you have a Frankston Foreshore Permit.